Our Small Animal Internal Medicine Department provides a full clinical referral service in feline and canine medicine.
We accept referrals in endocrinology, haematology, immunology, gastroenterology, pancreas and liver disease, pulmonology, urology/nephrology and infectious diseases.
We offer a comprehensive initial consultation, enabling us to integrate the clinical findings prior to referral with a personalised assessment of the patient and a full discussion with our clients of the diagnostic and treatment options available.
Our ethos is to always put our clients and patients first. We strive to offer the best service and care, with a comprehensive and detailed report following every consultation, and follow-up consultation and advice to ensure that our clients feel supported throughout the treatment process.
What we offer:
- Videoendoscopic diagnosis and intervention for gastrointestinal, genito-urinary and respiratory disease. We have a modern endoscopic suite with HD imaging, and facility for a wide range of non-invasive procedures including foreign body retrieval, nasal treatment for aspergillosis, percutaneous feeding tube placement, and polyp removal
- Dynamic imaging with fluoroscopy for the diagnosis of swallowing disorders or the further characterisation of upper respiratory disease
- Where needed, we have access to a multidisciplinary team and work closely with a range of specialists to provide a comprehensive and holistic approach to an individual patient’s needs, no matter how complex
- We are one of only very few centres in the UK to offer radioiodine therapy for the treatment of hyperthyroidism in cats
- Intensive care monitoring equipment
- A fully equipped Endoscopy suite with a full range of both flexible and rigid video-endoscopic equipment with HD imaging and capability for narrow-band imaging (NBI)
- Interventional equipment for endoscopic foreign body retrieval, polyp removal and balloon dilation of strictures
- Advanced imaging capabilities with access to high field (1.5 T) MRI, 16-slice CT, fluoroscopy, radiography and ultrasound, performed and interpreted by specialist radiologists on-site