We understand that quality of life is the most important consideration for our patients and their owners.
If a cure is not possible, we strive to optimise both quality and quantity of life.
During your client’s hour long consultation, we will explain the merits of further investigation where necessary, elaborate on the implications of the diagnosis for their pet, discuss different aspects of therapy, and answer all of their questions. We find the resultant tailored investigation and treatment plans motivate and help to reassure our clients.
What we offer
- Diagnostics and staging including advanced imaging for surgical planning, supported by our specialists in pathology, imaging, anaesthesia and surgery
- State-of-the-art surgery and chemotherapy
- Targeted medical therapies such as receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors
- Novel immunotherapies such as vaccinal treatment of oral malignant melanomas
- We are the only centre in the UK to offer Strontium plesiotherapy for superficial tumours of the eyelid, nasal planum and other locations
- Brachytherapy, another localised form of radiotherapy for cutaneous tumours which combines excellent efficacy with minimal side effects
- Prompt communication both with you and the client
- Close co-operation with our specialist colleagues in the AHT’s other departments, particularly internal medicine, neurology, and surgery
- Strontium plesiotherapy for treatment of superficial tumours, e.g. eyelid and nasal planum
- State-of-the-art chemotherapy area